Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Middle child.

Middle children work hard to be noticed and invisible at the same time. We don't like the spotlight all the time but will manipulate conversations for the sake of entertainment. I recently told my aunt, when we were at dinner, that I, as a middle child, do not rock the boat. This is true. However, my cousin, also a middle child, remarked that it was more fun to sit in the corner and egg on the boat rockers and feed them material and lines to make conversations more controversial and interesting. I found this also to be a hard cold fact about my personality that I don't make as public as I maybe should. Often, girls of my temperament are seen as too sweet or innocent to be sinnics or manipulative in heated situations. I thought it was time the truth came out and, since no one really reads this anyway, thought it was a good place to "publicly expose" my inner diologue about the clashing and complex dynamic that comes with not being the eldest nor the youngest child of my family. 

No comments: